Saturday, May 2, 2015

BGC#68 - Make your own embelishments

                                                            Hello Friends!

We are so pleased with your submissions for the last month challenge "Spring-  Green with spring elements" and we are in awe of your creativity! 

I am here to bring out the brand new challenge for our current month of May. Its about creating your own embellishments. I just love making my own embellishments , especially those for the detailed scrapbooks I work upon, apart from that I am very fond of making my own flowers. 

Before I share my inspiration for this month;s challenge, please make a note of the guidelines.


Challenge Guidelines : 

  • Use your handmade embellishments on any paper crafted project or just make an embellishment on its own. 
  • Make sure you explain in your post which embellishments are handmade.
  • Tutorials are welcome but not needed to win. 
  • Your project must be new and dated after the challenge date. 
  • Link back to our challenge . 

                                                   Our generous sponsors for this month are
                                                              
                                                                        Prize 1


who are generously sponsoring 
A Colorbox mixed Media Inkpad 

Hot of the press flower stamp
Bella rouge note cards


                                           
                                                                       Prize 2


                                                            The Craft shop is generously donating a GV

for our winner ! :)

Now onto my inspiration, I am sharing some handmade embellishments on my latest scrapbook and a few fabric flowers that I tried for the first time, and they came out so well. I cannot wait to use them on an upcoming creation.


That is the cover of my album and the mask here is my handmade embellishment, I painted and glittered it and added some feathers, flowers and ribbon to it.


This is one of the inside pages and I have a glittered metal jacket on this page. The clock is stamped and heat embossed.


This page has an envelope that I made from scratch, the swirls are heat embossed and I used a tiny bride-groom as well.


Fabric flowers - my latest addiction ! And these are super easy to make, just follow these stpes

1. Cut the fabric you want to use in circles
2. start burning the edges with candles, its not really burning, but just curling them up to give a natural look
3. Layer your circles and use beads, fur etc in between to add dimension.


Hope you like my inspiration and join us this month. I cannot wait to see what innovative ideas you all come up with !

Shubhra

Link your projects here. Please give a direct link to your post NOT your WHOLE BLOG ! If you do not have a blog, post your project photo on the BGC FB page with challenge number!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful project Shubhra! Love your handmade mask and fabric flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrapbook is looking pretty with your fabric handmade flowers and mask. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww....thats what i love doing making my own embellishments :) will be fun playing along !
    http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u girls. I am sure with this challenge imagination can un wild and I cannot wait to see what everyone comes up with !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Those fabric flowers are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mask is so beautiful. Flowers are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of handmade flowers and these are stunning! My first challenge here and what a great one to jump in on!! See you again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found this blog and became a new follower with my card submission. What a fun challenge...one close to my little crafting heart, because it is not unusual for me to make my own embellishments. Its nice to know that other crafters enjoy doing this as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou!! Appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts