Friday, August 16, 2013

BGC #37 - Latte Love!

Good morning Crafters,

Yeah, I know I am back in less than 24 hrs, but this time I'm here with something exciting for you to participate in.. a New Challenge... :) When I was asked to come up with a theme, I put two of my most favourite things together and that makes the Challenge Theme for this fortnight as...

"Latte Love"
Here's what you have to do...
1. Make any project.. Card/LO/Tag/Box, etc. inspired by Coffee (something I love and enjoy) either the colours OR the sentiments OR a cup of coffee on your project as well. But...
2. You have to add stitching (also something that I really try to incorporate in my projects) to your project. We would love to see real stitching using SewEasy Tool or a sewing machine or even by hand without any tools. However, if that's not possible, we will allow Faux Stitching as well.. :)

Now that we have that sorted out, let's meet our generous Sponsor for this challenge..

The winner of this Challenge will receive a Gift Voucher worth Rs. 500 from Crafters Corner.


Let's now take a look at what the lovely ladies of BGC have to say about this challenge. You're in for a variety of inspirations because I am about to show you jaw-dropping awesomeness. 
Are you ready then?

This amazing crafter comes up with something so different and amazing every time, that I have to think really hard to find the right words. She has whipped up a 4 page keepsake farewell album - an entire album, that has so many aspects but still has coffee written all over it. The browns in the album, the tiny details, the stitching on the tag and of course, the coffee cup, are all perfect... You have to click on this picture to see the enlarged version of this to be able to fully appreciate the detail and hard work that has gone into making this... 


Jovi has made for us a yummy looking take-away coffee cup, with an ethnic Indian twist. And guess what?? The lid slides up. I love how Jovi has used Chevrons as a background for the cup. Isn't it the perfect blend indeed? :)


I couldn't have put it better myself.. What more do we need?? :P And if coffee looks as cute as this, I wouldn't mind if that's all I had!! That heart on the coffee cup is too cute, so is the swirl... And I am in LOVE with the sentiment (pun was very much intended) The blue looks sooo beautiful against the brown and white... 

Pooja has made another colourful cutie with an Easel Card... Her colour combinations are always so subtle and soothing. She has adorned her already cute coffee cup by stitching around the scalloped circle with a ribbon. She has then added some Faux Stitching too for good measure. ;)

Shafaq presents an amazing Layout about coffee. Yes, it's about coffee. She has used a picture of a real cup of steaming hot coffee and embellished it to perfection with some detailed stitching throughout the edges of the page and some henna designs as well.

Kalindi came up with this super cute inspiration for us ! Love the way her hair looks , the coloring is flawless. This screams coffee all over with all the brown and the lovely tiddly inks image of the girl holding a coffee cup with some faux stitching  as well, in the background .


And finally, we have my card.. I have created a background using different Washi Tapes in the Yellow & Brown Family.. I have stitched along the washi tapes using my Sew Easy tool and added a coffee cup and a sentiment.. :)

Didn't I say there was going to be a variety??? Well, let us know what you think.. We can't wait to see what you come up with... I guess sitting with a cup of coffee while you're making this project should help a lot.. :P

Link up people!! Happy Crafting and have a nice day!! :D :D

Love,
Nikita.. :)


16 comments:

  1. Each one of the inspiration is just amazing !! Thanks a latte for it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Eagerly waiting to see your creation.. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.. Amazing DT works.... Interesting challenge.. Cold coffee is my favorite too... For this Thanks a latte...

      Delete
    2. Thank you Charu... And you are welcome.. ;) Everyone in the Design Team has made hot coffee for this challenge.. We would love to see some cold coffee.. Sounds yummy.. :D :D

      Delete
  3. Slurppppppp ! Nikita I loved urs too :) everyone has done an amazing job on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu Poooojaaa!!!! :D :D And I agree... everyone has been amazing and so very different.. We have covered seven different kinds of projects here... :)

      Delete
  4. Really a big thumbs up for all,and loved Kalind's cute card :) and Niki's super-cool smarty card !Crafters are surely going to have a hell lot of fun in this one ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy Challenge. My favourite beverage.Awesome inspirations from the DT. Kalindi, girl, you should try out for graphic designer jobs at major stamp companies. Better yet, start yours ;)

    Love Nikita's CAS project as well. Love the washi tape, and the stitching. Now I'm itching to own the Sew-easy :D

    I missed the last couple of challenges, and I don't want to miss this one. Infact, I already made a card, minus the faux stitching. Will upload my entry as soon as it is done

    Regards,
    Vithya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vithya... Don't think too much.. Get the SewEasy.. It's a fun tool to have and play with... makes our cards and other projects look cool.. :) Waiting to see your entry.. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi I'm new to this challenge blog, and I'm so excited to participate for the first time. I found the theme so interesting, and decided to jump in! All the inspiration cards are awesome :). Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely inspirations , It was fun playing along !

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou!! Appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts