Friday, April 12, 2013

Whats Up Crafty? - A gift for my mother.


Hello everyone. Sorry this is a little late. I had to put a few little
finishing touches on it. This is a mini photo album I have made
for my mother for Mothers Day. My mother is a very special 
person in my life. She is very sick and I just adore every thing 
about her and every minute I get to spend with her. With Mothers
Day just being around the corner I knew this would be the one 
thing I wanted to share with you all. For me the beautiful angle
on the front (from Kaiser Craft) represents and angle to look after
my mother. For those times when I can't be there.


Some of the things I have used for this Off The Page album are 
from Kaiser Craft. It has been made with one of their timber 
projects and I have covered it with their papers and also used
Kaiser bling, pearls, collectables and basic rub-ons.


This is the second page and as you can see they are very
old photos as my mother is now 70 and she is very limited
to her photos. My mother was born in Holland and these 
two photos were taken with her mother (Oma) and father
(Opa). Even though not very clear I know she is going to 
love this page.


Some of the other things I have used on this album are
flowers from Scraptopia, Colorbok Memory craft stickers
and Maya Road patterned papers.


This photo of my mother I can remember being taken. I was
only you and at the time my dad was taking lots of photos of
all my family and developing them himself. I just love this 
photo of her she was so happy. 


The ornamental oval frame is from Cre8tive and the
flowers are from Portacraft.  My mother just loves
daffodils. Other Cre8tive products I used were 
textured boarders, run-on Icons and alphabets.


The photos of this last page haven't come up as good as I wanted.
I will have another go in a couple of days and see if I can get them 
just a little better than this. Sorry. 

This photo was taken of my mother when dad and her went traveling
around Australia for 6 months. They just loved it. Mum come home 
so healthy, relaxed and sporting a great tan. This was a fish she caught
herself and said it was so yummy. She also told dad to hurry with the
photo as the fish was getting heavy. 


Well I hope you have enjoyed my What's Up Crafty? I also hope
you have enjoyed seeing my beautiful mother/grandmother 
to my two boys.I'm sure from time to time if you pop on over 
to my blog you will get to see more of her. Mothers are such 
special people. I hope all the Mothers out there get to spend the 
day with their beautiful mothers like I will be and my boys with me.  


 



9 comments:

  1. OMG.... such emotions n flash backs...
    i agree, moms r special

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sujana. Mums are the ones we all run too. I know I do and my boys to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great album and your mother is beautiful.Sorry to hear that she is sick.:-(.My thoughts and prayers for you and her.I am sure she will love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, this albumn is beautiful and your mom is a lovely woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Pallavi so much. Lucille thank you also and yes I think she is beautiful. I'm glad you's like the album though. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brenda what an amazing album I love that frame !!! And your mom really is beautiful :) . you are right moms are special . So sorry to hear that she is not keeping well, Lots of blessings and prayers to u both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Pooja. Prayers are good. Thank you for them. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey brenda did u make those flowers or were they ready made.

      Delete
    2. The flowers were ready made Pooja. I have been playing around making them but I don't have them quite right, well the way I want them that is.

      Delete

Thankyou!! Appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts